Monday, March 10, 2008

Kodamas are Kute

I've caught Mr Toh's retardedness, hawhawhaw.


[colour coded to make post more organized]


the 9 hours spent in school today didn't seem THAT long, partly because the first half was spent on group SATB sectionals which wasn't too productive, (But hey, i'm not complaining about that!) and MrToh made the second half interesting.



Sectionals for group 3 was conducted by Cheryl and Marcus, the people present were: Ada, me, chaichin, christopher, melanie, Eugenia, Jason, Emmaus, Max (pardon me if my memory has failed me). Ada and I had hoarse voices so we couldn't really sing, while Chaichin and christopher had sore throats, there was only 1 person from alto, and I'm not too certain if jason's from bass.

We only had a pianica with us, and marcus hated it alot since the mouthpiece probably stinks like hell. After spitting into the drain to get rid of those bacteria and disgusting things on it (the spitting was disgusting too), he decided to let us combine with the group with sec fours as leaders since their SLs were gone.

Which wasn't that bad, since there was a piano and more people with completely healthy voices. It got very boring after an hour or so, marcus and cheryl went through all the static songs including the ones from high school musical, leaving us with some time to slack.

Meanwhile, the band members were screaming (they were having a camp) and the st.john's members were doing...i don't know what. I bet nobody heard us anyway, and its best they didn't. D: Personally, i'd really prefer combined sessions :D



We were dismissed for lunch break of an hour at 11:35, it was raining then. The changcheng was dotted with colourful specks (or so I think) since we girls don't really enjoy having our hair wet ^_^. or is it only me? White umbrellas are the prettiest! :D

Hokkien mee + Sugarcane, the usuals. I sat with Riane on a table since there wasn't any spaces left on the tables where peixuan qianyu eliz etc were at. Market 85 owns okay, its great stuff that comes with even greater value! I might consider simpang tomorrow though ;D

Walked in the rain/drizzle after lunch because I was lazy to open up my umbrella, which I concluded was a pretty selfish act since Riane had to suffer with me, even though it wasn't heavy. but still, i'm sorry. Actually, I'm sorry for quite alot of things. Something's getting into me, i don't understand it.



Mr Toh arrived after our warm ups and a few practice rounds of the phillipino songs. Drilled Sanctus and Gloria in excelsis which was <-THIS-> boring, because he had to perfect the ATB's parts before he could get on with ours. I fell asleep on Elizabeth's shoulders, she slept on mine too. The aircon were making us freeze to death, and feeling so tired and unconscious of everything around me, i made a mistake...


I think it was Sanctus. Mr Toh asked the sop 1s to sing their parts and I stupidly sang along (i'm in sop 2) I think i might have been rather loud, I'm not sure. All i know was that I was too EMBARRASSED to even think properly, thus my first reaction was to cover my mouth and let my cheeks flush red. I even turned to eliz to ask if we normally sang that part. We obviously don't, turning to somebody next to you just feels better. -__-

Isabel caught me, ha ha ha ha. i feel SO EMBARRASSED.



There's something I forgot! and that's YOUNGYEE'S POT BELLY HAHAHHA. we were doing warmups and noticed that max kept poking at yy's stomach, lo and behold, it was bulging out like a pregnant lady's. REALLY BULGING. I bet he ate too much haha, it was REALLY hilarious. I mean, the facial expressions are enough to make somebody amused, but the pot belly was funny xD leongying and I couldn't control our laughter, we were laughing like insane idiots i swear. HAHAHA.


Credo was rather well done after countless attempts, enough to give me some goosebumps, enough to make me feel like i'm INTO the song. Its MrToh's favourite song, so's mine. Credo! :D

He also auditioned the Solo part for Prayer of San Francis, nobody knows what's his final decision. Ubicaritas was ubi caritas, shepherdess was what we did normally.


Next was the reselection of Chua-ay's solo part (the damn gay HIGH part), the guys all voted for mas selamat (jason) HAHA, it was really hilarious when everybody chanted "mas selamat! mas selamat!" in unison ;D shouldn't mean any offence i think.

Mr Toh taught us choreo for DUM BELLE (after we returned from combined @ the concourse, because we previously screwed it up and he asked us to leave the room and practise on it, to perfect it when we return, or to choose to disintegrate). People at the concourse stared at us, not that I really care since i was with so many other people.



Here's the best part, Mr Toh had totally weird ideas for our choreos. Like slapping our faces, kawaii poses, slapping everywhere and weird information on how we'll twist our necks if we don't look up properly *add in RETARDED, DUMB look* his face was all red and all scrunched up from laughing, HAHAHAHAA. He suggested that we do a CUTE version of dumbelle if the audiences shouted encore. HOW DUMB IS THAT!

I can't remember the rest, he just got pretty high after the choreo and all. Jumping around and showing us spastic faces. Dumbelle went pretty well. Thus the sessions ended on a happy note, with mr toh commenting on how "little" we progressed given the small number of people we had today, and we should feel "lousy" when we get home since we did "such a bad job" today. YEAH OPPOSITES.




BTW, choir members only have 4 tickets each to sell (which is TOTALLY not enough), please inform me ASAP if you want the tickets, i'll try to reserve them with the best of my ability.




I'm halfway through Mononoke Hime, this SUPER AWESOME studio ghibli movie. I've said this alot of times, but seriously tyvm to yh for burning them for me man, now i'll know what to do during the hols when i'm taking a break from studying!~

Its surprising attention for detail, the elaborations and most importantly the magnificent soundtrack and sounds didn't fail to amaze me. I love the sounds produced, you can hear the slightest clinking sound when the chopsticks lightly hit the edge of the bowl. The Kodamas are dammit cute too.


I'll probably write a short review on it after completing it tomorrow. Mononoke Hime is awesome, remember that okay!




10 march

ngik hiong: hello?! who's the super lame one who started all tt? if i'm lame then u r super dper lame! haha
{haha YOU'RE SUPER LAMEEE! D:}

isabel: you silly girl singing when only sop 1 was. caught you red handed!
{OMG YOU CAUGHT ME? I WAS SO EMBARRASSED, WAS I VERY LOUD? I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION CAUSE I WAS SLEEPY! D:}

ngik hiong
: emma, of course u r not lame....u are super to the power of super lame
{look at the above statement, you're lame to power of INFINITY. REMEMBER OUR TREAD/DEAL OKAY :D}

peixuan
: haha.. that line is from hsm too!!! XD hahaha. =) and im tired.. i'll just continue to yawn tmr and the day after.. XP yeesh..
{haha, oh, no, no. no. no! i'm tired too, i shall sleep now, goodnight xuanxuan! before i fall asleep during choir tomorrow!}

No comments: